GDPR Privacy Notice: Service Users
Auchinairn Afterschool Care Ltd (AASC) respects your rights in relation to the choices and control of your personal data. Sharing information is an intrinsic part of any frontline practitioners’ job when working with children and young people. The decisions about how much information to share, with whom and when, can have a profound impact on individuals’ lives. It could ensure that an individual receives the right services at the right time and prevent a need from becoming more acute and difficult to meet. At the other end of the spectrum it could be the difference between life and death. Poor or non-existent information sharing is a factor repeatedly flagged up as an issue in Serious Case Reviews carried out following the death of, or serious injury to, a child. Fears about sharing information cannot be allowed to stand in the way of the need to safeguard and promote the welfare of children at risk of abuse or neglect. No practitioner should assume that someone else will pass on information which may be critical to keeping a child safe. According to HM Government. https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/419628/Information_sharing_advice_safeguarding_practitioners.pdf (HM Government, last accessed 11/05/2018).
AASC will retain evidence of your consent while you utilise the service; this will record when and how we gained consent.
Any data you provide will be stored securely within our Management Information System or in our Secure Password Protected Information Drive. We will ask you explicitly for your consent in relation to your data preferences and at any time you will have the option to opt out of the consent given.
AASC will ask you to opt in to methods and means of communication; at any time, you will have the option to opt out. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to advise us of any changes. We aim to ensure personal information about individuals is shared appropriately.
· AASC will not share your data with any third parties unless receiving consent from yourself to do so. Your data will be used for the purpose of caring for your child effectively and developing them utilising the tapestry app.
· Gaining your views, opinions and thoughts on relevant matters and issues – we will make you aware of the information that will be shared should it relate directly to you.
· Inviting you to events, meetings or in an emergency situation.
· Sharing information with you in relation to your child/children.
· Sending you any relevant information
· Sharing links to relevant areas of support
· Contacting you as a result of communication from yourself
· Improving any aspect of our services
· Maintaining our internal records
· We aim to seek your agreement regarding sharing information unless there is a risk to the safety of your child.
The personal data we will gather from you is the following:
· Your name, child’s name, carers and other adults caring for your child.
· Relevant email and telephone contact details.
· Your address.
· Relevant information in relation to maintaining and building partnership.
· Emergency contact information.
· Medical and allergy information.
· Information on your child, to enable us to comply with duty of care.
· Your agreed methods of communication.
Please contact us if you wish us to explain any part of this Privacy Statement.